Mừng giáng sinh 2011 an lành

Trở lại   Diễn đàn CLB Thiên Văn Học Nghiệp Dư TP.HCM | Diễn đàn HAAC > English Corner > English Club

THÔNG TIN MỚI NHẤT

Giao lưu với GS Trịnh Xuân Thuận tại TP.HCM

Clip quan sát bầu trời tháng 12

Gửi tên mình lên vũ trụ cùng vệ tinh F1

Trả lời

Ðiều Chỉnh Xếp Bài
Cũ 01-12-2008   #1
muahoanang
Thành Viên CLB Thiên Văn Nghiệp Dư TPHCM - HAAC

Tham gia ngày: Dec 2007
Đến từ: quận 7
Tuổi: 30
Giới tính: Nữ
Bài gửi: 347
Cám ơn: 266
Được cám ơn 99 lần trong 47 bài viết
muahoanang Đang đóng góp cho diễn đàn
English for HAAC member

nãy giờ ngồi post bài, viết xong tự nhiên mất tiêu, bực quá

hôm nay mình mở box này là nơi để chúng ta share kinh nghiệm học tiếng anh và các liệu có liên quan ha.Mong là chúng ta sẽ học hỏi được nhiều kinh nghiệm từ mọi người.

mình post bài khai trương.Đó là english accent - 1 trong những điều quan trọng nhất khi chúng ta học tiếng anh.kì sau là về CULTURE- điều thứ 2.

từ chỗ này trở xuống mình viết bằng tiếng anh nha . chỗ này để luỵen E mà

According to The Cambridge Advanced Learner. Second edition, 2005 “accent is the way in which people in a particular area, country pronounce the word.” Of course, we can recognize the voice of who we know well as almost immediately, as when we hear them. That is what we name accent.

as accent is the huge issue and I don’t have enough ability to tell you all these things which make up English accent so I just draw attention to the GA( American English accent) or RP( Queen’s English accent) and all the accent which are widely comprehended by many English speakers around the world.

Cook (2000) states that accent is a combination of three main components: intonation, liaisons, and pronunciation.

Intonation is the music of your voice, and when you speak English without music that just voice. What you should do here is learn how to change the pitch in your voice: how and how much .Furthermore, you can use English intonation to indicate the new information, word meaning, give compare and contrast, grammar and phrasing, and mood and personality.

The subsequently element is liaison- this term come from French, which means words connection (smooth link between a final consonant in one word and an initial vowel in the next word)
Kenworthy, 1987.

. Though you see that English is printed with the little white space between each word, it is not true when spoken. If you speak like that, you’ll sound mechanically and affectedly.

Finally, pronunciation means say a word aloud. Some word can have more than one acceptable pronunciation.e.g there are only 26 letters in the English alphabet to represent more than 40 different sounds. Hence, English pronunciation sometimes seems illogical.

I’m very sleepy…. ;0

Hoping I could learn a bit 'bout how to give and take

But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear

Finding myself making every possible mistake]

muahoanang is offline   Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Có 3 thành viên gởi lời cảm ơn đến muahoanang cho bài viết hữu ích này.
nhansu (01-12-2008), nior (01-12-2008), ntqd (06-12-2008)
Cũ 01-12-2008   #2
muahoanang

Ðề: Anh Văn Cho Haac Member

Moreover, I know that you guy hope to see some tips how to change or modify your accent.
chỗ này mình quote
Lisa Mojsin, head trainer, director and founder of the Accurate English Training Company in Los Angeles, offers these tips to help 'neutralise' your accent or rather do away with the local twang, as you speak.

i. Observe the mouth movements of those who speak English well and try to imitate them.

When you are watching television, observe the mouth movements of the speakers. Repeat what they are saying, while imitating the intonation and rhythm of their speech.

ii. Until you learn the correct intonation and rhythm of English, slow your speech down.

If you speak too quickly, and with the wrong intonation and rhythm, native speakers will have a hard time understanding you.

Don't worry about your listener getting impatient with your slow speech -- it is more important that everything you say be understood.

iii. Listen to the 'music' of English.

Do not use the 'music' of your native language when you speak English. Each language has its own way of 'singing'.

iv. Use the dictionary.

Try and familiarise yourself with the phonetic symbols of your dictionary. Look up the correct pronunciation of words that are hard for you to say.

v. Make a list of frequently used words that you find difficult to pronounce and ask someone who speaks the language well to pronounce them for you.

Record these words, listen to them and practice saying them. Listen and read at the same time.

vi. Buy books on tape.

Record yourself reading some sections of the book. Compare the sound of your English with that of the person reading the book on the tape.

vii. Pronounce the ending of each word.

Pay special attention to 'S' and 'ED' endings. This will help you strengthen the mouth muscles that you use when you speak English.

viii. Read aloud in English for 15-20 minutes every day.

Research has shown it takes about three months of daily practice to develop strong mouth muscles for speaking a new language.

ix. Record your own voice and listen for pronunciation mistakes.

Many people hate to hear the sound of their voice and avoid listening to themselves speak. However, this is a very important exercise because doing it will help you become conscious of the mistakes you are making.

x. Be patient.

You can change the way you speak but it won't happen overnight. People often expect instant results and give up too soon. You can change the way you sound if you are willing to put some effort into it.

Quick tips

Various versions of the English language exist. Begin by identifying the category you fall into and start by improving the clarity of your speech.

~ Focus on removing the mother tongue influence and the 'Indianisms' that creep into your English conversations.

~ Watch the English news on television channels like Star World, CNN, BBC and English movies on Star Movies and HBO.

~ Listen to and sing English songs. We'd recommend Westlife, Robbie Williams, Abba, Skeeter Davis and Connie Francis among others.

Books to help you improve your English

Essential English Grammar by Murphy (Cambridge)
Spoken English by R K Bansal and J B Harrison
Pronounce It Perfectly In English (book and three audio cassettes) by Jean Yates, Barrons Educational Series
English Pronunciation For International Students by Paulette Wainless Dale, Lillian Poms

Có 2 thành viên gởi lời cảm ơn đến muahoanang cho bài viết hữu ích này.
nior (01-12-2008), skypopu (02-12-2008)
Cũ 01-12-2008   #3
muahoanang

Personally, I often watch Bloomberg, V channel, Australia network, NHK, travel and living, animal planet…
I think these channels are suitable for new learners.
You can also listen to the VOV 5 at night on the FM 105.7 MHZ (that is more easily)

Cũ 01-12-2008   #4
fairydream
Cựu chủ nhiệm CLB Thiên Văn Nghiệp Dư TP.HCM - HAAC

Tham gia ngày: Nov 2007
Đến từ: TP.HCM
Tuổi: 37
Giới tính: Nam
Bài gửi: 6,081
Cám ơn: 672
Được cám ơn 4,407 lần trong 1,563 bài viết
fairydream Đang đóng góp cho diễn đàn

Muahoanang - Tạ Thùy Trang, she is one of the first HAAC's members. At that time, she is studying at RMIT (Vietnam).
I hope that we can improve our English in this topic.I can read english well because I have to get this skill for my job, but English is still a nightmare with me. Writing, listening, speaking...
Cũ 01-12-2008   #5
nhansu

Đến từ: TP HCM
Bài gửi: 804
Cám ơn: 51
Được cám ơn 125 lần trong 102 bài viết
nhansu Đang đóng góp cho diễn đàn

mình có ý kiến.
chủ đề này rất hay nhưng mỗi bài viết nên viết ngắn ngắn thôi chứ viết dài quá đọc xong nhẹ cũng trọng thương nặng thì tiêu luôn@@

ko hiểu gì cả cứ thanks một phiếu rồi tính sau
Cũ 01-12-2008   #6
cong_chua_ech
Quản Lý Chuyên Mục

Đến từ: Tp HCM
Bài gửi: 803
Cám ơn: 0
Được cám ơn 218 lần trong 132 bài viết
cong_chua_ech Đang đóng góp cho diễn đàn

Today, I attended a conference on Micro – Nanotechnology. This conference will be very exciting if my English is good enough. Anyway, I thinked I can understand the main idea so that I decided to attend this course. Unfortunately, the lecturer come from France so that he speak English like French. Hehehe… I already lost my mind and fell asleep after 15 minutes listened to him.
This course will go on in 3 days. Hichic… How can I focus my mind on the lectures?
It’s said that it’s very difficult to hear English voice by China. I have no ideas how difficult it is. But I’m sure hearing English voice by France cannot be easier than it.

thay đổi nội dung bởi: cong_chua_ech, 01-12-2008 lúc 09:51 PM
cong_chua_ech is offline   Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Cũ 02-12-2008   #7
muahoanang

Trích:
Nguyên văn bởi cong_chua_ech Xem bài viết
Today, I attended a conference on Micro – Nanotechnology. This conference will be very exciting if my English is good enough. Anyway, I thinked I can understand the main idea so that I decided to attend this course. Unfortunately, the lecturer come from France so that he speak English like French. Hehehe… I already lost my mind and fell asleep after 15 minutes listened to him.
This course will go on in 3 days. Hichic… How can I focus my mind on the lectures?
It’s said that it’s very difficult to hear English voice by China. I have no ideas how difficult it is. But I’m sure hearing English voice by France cannot be easier than it.

I understand what you mean by this, and that is the reason why I highlight on English accent. Accent reflects where you come from. In this case your teacher spoke with the French accent (I think that quite difficult to understand), but you can try. Many of us speak English with the Vietnamese accent (monotone, flat voice, lack of consonant sounds) E.g. you can record his voice to hear again (you should listen to many kind of accent not only the standard; this could probably help you. ;)

Thành viên dưới đây gởi lời cảm ơn đến muahoanang cho bài viết hữu ích này.
xuanhoa (02-12-2008)
Cũ 01-12-2008   #8
kaluza
Quản Lý Chuyên Mục

Tham gia ngày: Nov 2007
Bài gửi: 1,584
Cám ơn: 12
Được cám ơn 248 lần trong 171 bài viết
kaluza Đang đóng góp cho diễn đàn

I don't English ........
kaluza is offline   Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Cũ 01-12-2008   #9
nhansu

Bài gửi: 804
Cám ơn: 51
Được cám ơn 125 lần trong 102 bài viết
nhansu Đang đóng góp cho diễn đàn

i don'n understan.please help me
Cũ 01-12-2008   #10
xuanhoa
Quản Lý Chuyên Mục

Tham gia ngày: Jan 2008
Bài gửi: 477
Cám ơn: 220
Được cám ơn 93 lần trong 65 bài viết
xuanhoa Đang đóng góp cho diễn đàn
Some experiences about dictionary

One of the problems among people when studying English is how to use vocabulary exactly. We have a lot of things to study about one word such as the part of speech, the meaning, the pronunciation and the phrases of the word and etc. From my point of view, the best tool that you need when you study English, especially when you study vocabulary, is a dictionary. You can use English-Vietnamese Dictionary in the beginning but I think it’s better if you try using English-English Dictionary. Buying a Oxford’s dictionary in the bookstore is quite expensive, so I usually buy dictionary at Tran Huy Lieu Street. All dictionaries are discounted 10% or more. I bought Longman’s Dictionary with 250000 VND while in the bookstore it costs 475000 VND. Most of people buy Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary but as far as I know, I think Longman Exam Dictionary is better because Longman’s Dictionary has the patterns of each word and It help me a lots to improve my writing skill.

xuanhoa is offline   Trả Lời Với Trích Dẫn
Trả lời